Here are some things I love about it:
- It has a flavour and a colour gradient!
- Depending on how you drink it, it becomes more or less dry -- and as you do so, it turns from a slush to a solid "sandy" substance, with this kind of weathering on the corners that's really great.
- It's a really warm day today, and it's made of ice.
- It has a straw with a spoon on the end!
- You can totally play with it, get bored, and then wait a bit and it melts and then it changes form again.
- It is totally made of sugar.
- There is nothing healthy about it, it is just purely to be had because you enjoy it.
- I got it from the bagel shop, and I am predisposed to like bagel shops.
- It makes me feel like a small child, but I am pretty sure I never had multicoloured slush as a child. But I would have been excited then, and I'm excited now.
- Some residual sense of exoticism from it being an American thing, but here in Britain. This is very weak nowadays, but you can still feel it under the layer of nostalgia and despair around Mr Wimpys.
- One of the flavours is clearly just "blue". Blue! I love blue flavoured stuff. I have no idea what that is.
- Also "red" and "yellow".
- Which are also all bright great colours.
- That form a gradient! Look at it!
24 July 2014